GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I suspect that's it's no different than the Volt! I think from the past Volt surveys, the median income was also over $150,000

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I suspect some of the low numbers are income taken from sizable investment portfolios, so the actual wealth might be understated. I know I can manipulate my income over a wide range but of course if anyone asks, I'm poor.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I imagine that some of the same early-adopter types who responded to the Volt poll in 2011 have now moved on to the Model 3.
Are HOPING to move on to the Model 3 ........

·
Registered
651 Posts
I don't think that's a good website to take a poll like this on. The majority over there are Model S/X owners and would fall in the upper tiers.

I would think the Model 3 Owners Club would skew lower. Most of the people I saw in line for a reservation were new to EVs, assuming they are even connected to any of these forums.

·
Registered
13,660 Posts
I suspect some of the low numbers are income taken from sizable investment portfolios, so the actual wealth might be understated. I know I can manipulate my income over a wide range but of course if anyone asks, I'm poor.
One could be a retired multimillionaire withdrawing nearly nothing to artificially cause a low income. I sure hope those two making less than $25K are wealthy and not whopper floppers trying to make ends meet.

The TMC poll is flawed as it lacks resolution above $150K. And why have groups every 25K, then throw in $25-35K and $35-50k? They need a do-over - $0-50k, $50-100K, $100-150K, $150-200K, $200-250K, 250K+

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I think it should be obvious that only a relatively wealthy person can afford to put a $1,000 cash deposit on a car that would not be available until some unknown time years in the future, at an unknown price, and he has never driven the car, or seen it, or even read a credible review of it.

That's not what people do when they need to get value for their car budget.

·
Registered
13,660 Posts
I think it should be obvious that only a relatively wealthy person can afford to put a $1,000 cash deposit on a car that would not be available until some unknown time years in the future, at an unknown price, and he has never driven the car, or seen it, or even read a credible review of it.

That's not what people do when they need to get value for their car budget.
Tell that to the tens of thousands of whopper floppers who are sporting the new iPhone X. Anyone can easily come up with $1000 to blow despite better judgement.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Tell that to the tens of thousands of whopper floppers who are sporting the new iPhone X. Anyone can easily come up with $1000 to blow despite better judgement.
Sprint will LEASE someone an iPhone X for $23 a month, for 36 months. That's a very different looking number when you have income but not savings. One extra shift flopping whoppers covers it *and* the rest of the cell bill.

·
Registered
13,660 Posts
Sprint will LEASE someone an iPhone X for $23 a month, for 36 months. That's a very different looking number when you have income but not savings. One extra shift flopping whoppers covers it *and* the rest of the cell bill.
What about this dude "throwing" away his iPhone X in one of those sell-your-smartphone machines at Walmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYOdWRo0JY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts