GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
sometimes not even the reply works. I suspect that the hosting firm put a new version of the board software on and there's a few wrinkles in the javascript that manages the setup for the reply editor.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
and by "reply", I mean the "reply to thread button" in this case. The quick reply below messages is the only thing that seems to be working properly for this on Chrome.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Must be the same guys that run Priuschat.:p

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
FYI there are several problems with a software upgrade. Don't have an estimated time for the fix/fixes but hopefully soon.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
That's ok, we're coping.;)

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I find it works if you just click twice.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Are these the guys that are going to do GM's OTA software updates?...:rolleyes:

·
1,027 Posts
No they are the ones that bought up all the automotive forums, got hacked and leaked everyone's info and censor out anything the manufacturers don't like. Obviously the brightest of the bunch.

·
Administrator
20,458 Posts
No they are the ones that bought up all the automotive forums, got hacked and leaked everyone's info and censor out anything the manufacturers don't like. Obviously the brightest of the bunch.
Bad day?

There are plenty of of organizations that have been hacked. Target, Home Depot, Equifax, NASA, NSA, etc. The list is very long. Some with pretty clever people. To single out VerticleScope is disingenuous.

As far as censoring, you are wrong. Guess who censors? The moderators, like me, and we do that rarely. What do we censor? Language and attitude. And spammers. I and the other moderators don't work for VerticleScope (the owner of this forum) any more than you do. Your claim that they censor anything the manufacturers don't like is flat wrong. As a senior member, I'm sure you have seen stinging criticism of GM, and Tesla, and VW, etc. Censorship? Pretty funny.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Steverino what happened to the "founders" of this VOLT FORUM, i have seen Threads from 2008- 2009 prior to the first Volts..I wonder what happened to the first Volt owners, did they sell their Volt , moved to Tesla ?...Would be nice to get them back just for the memories!!!.

·
Administrator
20,458 Posts
Steverino what happened to the "founders" of this VOLT FORUM, i have seen Threads from 2008- 2009 prior to the first Volts..I wonder what happened to the first Volt owners, did they sell their Volt , moved to Tesla ?...Would be nice to get them back just for the memories!!!.
The founder was Lyle Dennis, a doctor and EV enthusiast. He started the site in January 2007 when the Volt concept was announced. He sold the forum to VerticalScope a few years later, in February of 2011, about the same time he sold his Volt and got a Ford C-Max Energi plugin because his growing family needed something larger.

This and more can be found on the About page linked in the footer of the site's Home page: http://gm-volt.com/about/

Some of the other moderators, DonC (class of 2008), WOT (class of 2008), and ScottF200 (class of 2010) where already here when Saghost joined in 2011. I starting following the forum in early 2010 and officially joined in 2011. There was another moderator, Rusty (class of 2008) who sadly passed away sometime in 2013.

Many of the early members bought Volts and still drive them (or a newer model). Some also have had or currently have EV's from Tesla, Nissan, Ford, etc. Some early members bought the Volt for it's novelty, drove it a few years and then moved on to the next novelty.

Some of the early members limit themselves to commenting on the main home page article of the day. I rarely see them post outside of that area.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thank you Steverino, WOW, since 2007 very,very interesting , thank you to all the Moderators and electric car experts like yourself for keeping this addictive Forum alive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts