GM Volt Forum banner

Replacing 12V Battery. Which one should I buy?

12K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Loboc 
I never thought about this, but in one sense, cold cranking amps probably doesn't matter in the volt's case as there is no traditional starter using that battery. In he past, I used to buy the biggest CCA that would fit in that spot, but who knows whether that would help or hurt in this case.

Well, dealers do soak car owners for nearly everything. The dealer is the highest price you could pay for replacement parts - period. Autozone is a great battery supplier, and if easy enough, will replace the battery too.
Not true. If your battery replacement involves the two posts and some bolt holding the battery down, they will change it. My Cadillac deville had a metal triangle with 4 simple bolts obstructing the battery and Autozone refused to touch it. I had to take it home, replace thenbattery, and bring back the old one. I was tempted to say give me my money back and drive down the street to Obriens or Advanced Auto Parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.