GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cracked the transmission on my 2014 Volt three months ago when I ran over a median strip in a storm. Fortunately it was covered by my insurance company. However, the dealer could not get a new transmission to replace it, claiming that GM wouldn't have any available for at least several months. After several frustrating weeks and many phone calls, the insurance company located and provided a used transmission which they guaranteed (I guess this is how they do things sometimes).

Well this weekend the transmission failed completely and apparently needs to be replaced again. I would like a new one after getting stuck on the highway in a dangerous situation. Does anyone know if the inability of GM to provide a replacement transmission is legitimate or if there is any way for me to push them to provide one?

·
2,356 Posts
It should help to contact a Volt Advisor at 1-866-754-8100 for assistance. They should be able to help you get this sorted out between GM, the dealer and the insurance company. I think you should get a new transmission.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
GM has them in stock and there's a dealer in Wilmington (Diver Chevrolet) that shows he may have one in stock.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
How much are they in the US?

Out of interest I asked here in the UK and the price I was told was ~£7,000 (~$10,000) PLUS taxes, and about a day labour to fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hard to believe that those prices are correct- 3300 for trans w/ 3000 core, after core refund the trans is only like 300 dollars!? A cracked case is reason to refuse the core however. I am still wondering what is actually wrong with the 2nd trans that its no good at all?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Return the core, the trans is $3300. Don't return the core, it's $6300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts