GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Happy New Year to me -- while I was out of town for the holiday apparently someone came up and stole our 240v charger right from our driveway. (Of course, the car was JUST out of view of our security camera too.) Since we lease the car I need to replace it with the same charger that you get from the dealer. Does anyone have a lead on where to get a factory charger for the 2016 Volt used?

Many thanks...
john

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Probably not easy to find, but try eBay or an auto recycler (junkyard). But ultimately you may need to buy it new. Shop around online by the part number to find a good price.

Hopefully you can find a way to secure the new one by locking it to an anchor of some sort.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
So Happy New Year to me -- while I was out of town for the holiday apparently someone came up and stole our 240v charger right from our driveway. (Of course, the car was JUST out of view of our security camera too.) Since we lease the car I need to replace it with the same charger that you get from the dealer. Does anyone have a lead on where to get a factory charger for the 2016 Volt used?

Many thanks...
john
Usually plenty of Gen2 EVSEs available on Ebay. The EVSE for the 2016 and up Volt or Bolt will do.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
638 Posts
Not that the dealer would probably notice, but his car is a lease and he's looking to replace the OEM with same.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yikes! $250! I bought my Duosida for $199 . . . .
Only $51 more to go from Chinese junk to a quality EVSE - I'd consider that a bargain (and I own a piece of junk Dousida myself)

Don

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Only $51 more to go from Chinese junk to a quality EVSE - I'd consider that a bargain (and I own a piece of junk Dousida myself)

Don
Electrons pass through the wire at the same speed, whether it came from china or not. :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Electrons pass through the wire at the same speed, whether it came from china or not. :)
Utility - Fit for purpose
Quality - How well something works; parts and assembly matter

No doubt an inexpensive EVSE can work but the question is how long before it fails to function.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a pretty much brand new 2016+ OEM Volt charger available with a 14-50P L2 240v adapter mod. Used for 5 minutes max to test the L2 adapter since I ended up going with a JuiceBox Pro 40 setup. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
513 Posts
True, true, but those electrons sure heat up my Chinese junk 10X more than any of the other four quality EVSE's I own. Consequently, I only run my Duosida on 240 volts at 8 amps . . . . which makes it just about as effective as any L1 EVSE, but even then, it's warmer than any other. I should have spent the $51 extra and bought something else . . . . anything else

Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts