·
Administrator
20,434 Posts
Yes, this will work

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any thoughts on a newer model OEM charger vs. a used original OEM charger (from 2010-2015) vs. a new Chinese-made no-name charger on Amazon?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
712 Posts
I have two of the (Chinese) Duosidas. One I ordered directly from the manufacturer in China, and interestingly, the second one was what came with my ELR when I bought it used from the Cadillac dealer. Both work perfectly without issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know about the Duosidas. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I have tried all of the old links on this forum to the Duosidas on Amazon, but the links all seem dead. Maybe it's a COVID shortage thing?

·
Administrator
20,434 Posts
Any car charge cord (i.e., an EVSE) that supports the SEA J1772 standard should work. see SAE J1772 - Wikipedia

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
712 Posts
Good to know about the Duosidas. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I have tried all of the old links on this forum to the Duosidas on Amazon, but the links all seem dead. Maybe it's a COVID shortage thing?
Don't get hung up on the name, there are MANY resellers on Amazon and ebay for Duos. If it looks like this, it's a Duo. Neither of mine are branded Duosida, and I bought one directly from them. It works perfectly on 120 or 240, and I can report that the fault circuit and light function just like OEM, my ELR suffered the charge port micro cracks, and when really wet, it wouldn't charge on my Duos (or my wife's stock 2015 EVSE).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts