GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the actual name for the four hooks that hold the spandex cover over the rear hatch? And how do I remove and replace them?

I just broke one while fooling around with my VoltShelf and would like to swap one of the good-but-unused front hooks for the broken back hook.

Can I buy a pack of them for spares? Does anyone make them in some material less prone to breakage?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
don't know the name. They rotate and then pop right out.
If you can find some less prone to breaking please let me know

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I broke one and fixed it by putting in a piece of hard plastic, cut to fit the groove in the back of the broken hook piece and down into the cavity below the hook and then crazy glued it in place. I let the glue set and then gave it 24 hours. It has been fine for a couple of months now so it appears to be a good repair. Can't tell it was broken. I had to hunt for the little piece that broke off. It flew into the back seat area! I actually used a piece of abs plastic pipe and cut a sliver out of it about a half inch long and just wide enough to fit the groove.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I repaired one by inserting a suitable length of a small screw then JB Welded everything together. It will never break again. You do need the broken end, of course.

·
Registered
706 Posts
For the Gen 1, you are looking for this part number:

They cost a couple of bucks and simply twist in/out. I had to replace one on my first Gen 1 and that is the part number from my order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do they twist out? Where do I grab the broken one to turn it, and how do I turn a good one so that I don't break off the hook? Also, clockwise or counter-clockwise, and is it different on the right and left sides of the car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts