GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GF the fob on the 2011 volt she uses died.

I tried getting a shell and managed to damage the circuit board trying to swap it.

So, i figured i'd buy a new fob from gm parts direct.

but they have two fobs

I need a replacement key fob, which one is correct for a 2011, the 22923862 or the 22755323 at GM Parts direct?

Anyone know which one is the right one?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
22755323 is for a "coded" key meaning the metal key is cut specific to your car. 22923862 is the "uncoded" variant meaning it will come with a blank uncut metal key. You can simply take this blank to any competent automotive locksmith and have them copy it from your existing key, or in your case switch the metal key from your defective fob.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
NB, in either case, all the fobs you want to have work with that car will have to be present for the programming ceremony. If you have a fob to use with that car as well, it must be there when this is done or it will stop working.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
NB, in either case, all the fobs you want to have work with that car will have to be present for the programming ceremony. If you have a fob to use with that car as well, it must be there when this is done or it will stop working.
Good information that could easily be overlooked. To further clarify, is the programming "ceremony" required to be performed by the dealer, or are there instructions that one can follow the do the job on his own?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Good information that could easily be overlooked. To further clarify, is the programming "ceremony" required to be performed by the dealer, or are there instructions that one can follow the do the job on his own?
According to the manual, as long as you have one working fob, you can program a new one yourself. As mentioned earlier, you need all working fobs because the programming will erase any fobs that are not present.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got one from dealer for about $50+/-. They cut the key from vin also. I programmed myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts