GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i have a car who got in a little accident. Behind the bumper on the right side of the car there is the converter. During the accident 2 of the mounts from the AC-DC inverter housing broke and one of the connectors cracked. I bought a new inverter but when i connect everything it doesn’t charge the battery. It only shows a 0.9A flow Also the car doesn’t start to charge anymore.
my question is if the converter needs to be reprogrammed to get everything working. Or is the converter/inverter broken? please help me

·
Administrator
21,049 Posts
That's the car's charger, not it's inverter. I corrected the thread headline.

I'd say use Search, but with so many calling the EVSE/charge cord "the charger", you'll have to dig through them all to find a thread relevant to you. Most will be about the external charge cord unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok,
I tried to put the internals from the original in the new one but i didn’t got far. The internal print is glued to the housing. So i only changed the the connector with the broken. Luckily it was the connector on the left that i needed. I made new mounts by drilling holes in the housing and using screws to connect reinforced with jb-weld and the broken mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts