GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A look at 5 parts that could be making your car or truck thirsty

Millions of drivers waste fuel needlessly every day, without even realizing it. Whether by carrying around extra weight or running a vehicle that’s in need of maintenance, bad fuel mileage often creeps up slowly – swilling away your hard-earned money, and contributing to excessive emissions. If you don’t monitor your vehicle’s fuel consumption regularly, increased fuel consumption can be even harder to detect.

Is your ride running at maximum efficiency, or is it wasting your money and polluting needlessly? If you’re not sure, here’s a look at four parts that can be easily replaced and one that should be removed when not in use, as a starting point, to help ensure your car, SUV or pickup isn’t drinking more than its fair share of fuel.
Read more about Replace These 5 Parts for Better Mileage.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Is this a spambot? Or are they a sponsor or something?
Seems like they'd put at least minimal effort into tailoring their ad for an EV/PEHV forum.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I didn't see any muffler bearings.... that's a sure fire way to add HP

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Is this a spambot? Or are they a sponsor or something?
Seems like they'd put at least minimal effort into tailoring their ad for an EV/PEHV forum.
They are part of the VerticalScope family. Banning has no effect on them. I agree their posts do come off as pretty spammy.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Prove it.

Sponsor a volt, install all these gimmcks, and show me the results. I get 46mpg (when I even use it) now, so I still won't care.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
The air filter can affect maximum power that can be produced. As air/fuel mixture is computer controlled and the system has multiple sensors a dirty filter doesn't change the mixture hence doesn't effect fuel economy like it would on an old carburated engine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was hoping this store would enable me to upgrade my Volt with the Ludicrous mode option (by adding a turbocharger and a supercharger).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ads like this make me consider staying away from the company just on general principals...

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
The best thing I found for better gas mileage is a strong tail wind (it's too flat here to say "drive downhill").
When you drive from "up North" to "down South" in North Dakota aren't you driving downhill?:p:):D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts