GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out how to replace my Center Stack?

I have been so happy with my 2013 that I've decided to keep it until 2023.

The only thing Ive wanted to upgrade is to get the white Center Stack and the Voltshelf.

I had a white Center Stack delivered yesterday. Voltshelf is next.

Attached a picture of the Center Stack. Btw, it looks almost to have some pearl accents.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've seen that before actually provided by you. Thanks a million.

The problem is at 5:28 the trim panel seems much harder to lift out than on the video. I don't want to try to use too much force.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The problem is at 5:28 the trim panel seems much harder to lift out than on the video. I don't want to try to use too much force.
Okay, I just now looked this up. The shop manual says "Starting at the rearward edge of the applique [referring to lower trim piece], use a flat bladed plastic trim tool and release the retainer clips." I think a stiff plastic credit card may work in lieu of that trim tool. The idea is to slightly push those plastic latches free, so that they are not latched on their corresponding retaining clips.

I don't think screenshots of copyrighted GM repair manuals are allowed on this board.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hey Anthony did you ever replace the center stack with white? Did you do the rest of the trim? Doors, windshield trim, driver's side information display trim, etc.?

I am debating the same, but wasn't sure if it would like right with a white console and the "titanium" (really grey/silver) trim around the rest of the front. Instead of two-tone, it would be three-tone!

However, maybe instead I'll look at painting the center stack to match the rest of the titanium trim, if possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts