GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know how to remove the rear spoiler?

My rear hatch glass was shattered by a vandal. The glass was replaced, but there are some bits of broken glass stuck under the rear spoiler that I can hear rattlling around when I open and shut the hatch. Annoying.

If I could easily pull the spoiler off, I think they'd come right out.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Does anyone happen to know how to remove the rear spoiler?

My rear hatch glass was shattered by a vandal. The glass was replaced, but there are some bits of broken glass stuck under the rear spoiler that I can hear rattlling around when I open and shut the hatch. Annoying.

If I could easily pull the spoiler off, I think they'd come right out.
FWIW: Detail step by step procedure for removal of the Rear End Spoiler can be found starting on pg.237 of the Volt service manual linked below in my signature. Sorry to hear about the asshat who shattered your hatch glass!:mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton, somms! That does certainly look like a chore, wow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the opposite. Looks like an hour of tinkering and you'd have it done.
Well, maybe you're right. I was expecting a few less "fasteners". I also don't have a heated garage, and it's not getting any warmer here in Boston. Time to "man up", I guess. :D

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Well, maybe you're right. I was expecting a few less "fasteners". I also don't have a heated garage, and it's not getting any warmer here in Boston. Time to "man up", I guess. :D
Have you wife/GF stand by you with a hairdryer set on hot, :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
To bump an old thread, how do you get that spoiler off?

We just purchased a 2013 with a very cracked rear spoiler and I can't find good info on removing it for replacement or repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here, need to remove the spoiler for a different reason..........

.......to install some radio antennas internal to the spoiler!

Danny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Somms,

Thank you much for your post. However, I can't find that manual that you say is attached next to your signature. Could you please re-post that link, or better yet, post the whole contents of that chapter.

Thanks again, Elia

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish I could find the Owners Manual (PDF) on the GM website, but it isn't there. Could you please post the PDF itself here or put it on whatever website so it's accessible?

Thanks much, Elia

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Dear Somms,

Thank you much for your post. However, I can't find that manual that you say is attached next to your signature. Could you please re-post that link, or better yet, post the whole contents of that chapter.

Thanks again, Elia
The reason:
Last edited by WopOnTour; 11-23-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Deleted Copyrighted Materials

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Buffalo,

I have already spent a whole day looking for instructions related to dismantling the rear wind spoiler of my 2014 Volt. All I find is Users Manuals, but no Service Manual that contains actual instructions.

I am wondering if you ever got these instructions. If you did, could you PLEASE post them here?

Thanks much, Elia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help / reference with spoiler removal process

I have the common "popping" come from my rear spoiler.

I've stripped the interior trim, removed all the visible bolts but it's still on there pretty snug. I'm reluctant to give it a real yank.

Does anyone have a few pages from the manual or could you provide me with some expertise in the spoiler's removal?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts