GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'12
My driver-side mirror has become scratched, and it's annoying. It'll take a fixture, motorized pad, cerium oxide, and an hour or two. That's done properly if the glass is removed from the housing.

On other cars, the glass just pops off of its bracket. I put a LOT of pull on this one, and even tried to lever it off, but it wouldn't detach.

???

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
'12
My driver-side mirror has become scratched, and it's annoying. It'll take a fixture, motorized pad, cerium oxide, and an hour or two. That's done properly if the glass is removed from the housing.

On other cars, the glass just pops off of its bracket. I put a LOT of pull on this one, and even tried to lever it off, but it wouldn't detach.

???
notaguru,
I also have a MY2012, and the glass pops out if you pull it hard enough. I've changed mine with my leftover aftermarket aspheric mirrors from 2009 VW Jetta.

You can manually push the glass in (point furthest away from the car probably works best) so you can get a better grip on the opposite end. These mirrors are held by press-fit plastic clip / bracket.

Good luck.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The assembly doesn't come away from the mount with a reasonable amount of pull. Any more force and it'll surely break. The EU aspheric mirror is now more than $100, so I'd rather just polish this one. I can do it on the car, but that's a PITA and messy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If it won't go, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyhow.

Maybe you can submit it as a warranty claim :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts