GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
23,082 Posts

·
Administrator
23,082 Posts
Are you following the instructions in the Owner's Manual?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes. I have tried everything. I thought I would ask if anyone else figured it out. I have seen different discussions go by. No definite answer.
i had a 2012 that would sometimes not start too. I was never able to figure out why it didn't start but the issue was intermittent.

do any lights come on when you tried to remote start? I would scan the car for any codes. not all codes give a check engine light.

·
Administrator
23,082 Posts
Weak fob battery? Interference? Try using remote start while standing next to the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had a 2012 that would sometimes not start too. I was never able to figure out why it didn't start but the issue was intermittent.

do any lights come on when you tried to remote start? I would scan the car for any codes. not all codes give a check engine light.
The lights flash for the signal has been sent. That's all.

·
Administrator
23,082 Posts
Does the car unlock/lock with the fob?

·
Registered
567 Posts
2015. lock twice then hold to start.
Pretty sure you DON"T need to press lock twice. Almost positive I never have. Try just lock button once, see if it makes a difference.
I could be wrong on the procedure, but try it this way.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Starting the Vehicle
1. Press and release Q on the
RKE transmitter.
2. Immediately press and hold /
for at least four seconds or until
the turn signal lamps flash.
3. After entering the vehicle
during a remote start, press
POWER O with the brake
pedal applied to ope

That is a cut and paste from a 2018 manual
The Q in step 1 is the lock button. The / in step 2 is the remote start button. The O in step 3 is the power button, it didn't copy over correctly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts