GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
climate display.jpg
On a morning (50defg) I want to warm my car and cabin while still on power. While driving I find the Eco mode comfortable.

Should I set the controls to Comfort level and higher temperature to gain the most boost on my remote start then remember to set them back when I start my driving? What about all the defrosters? I think the manual says the front defroster is activated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've experimented a bit more. With the volt left in minimal climate mode (fan off, etc) preconditioning just ran the fan at a low speed, provided not heat and left the preconditioned car cold. It seems pretty clear to me the settings you leave the climate controls in determines the usefulness of remote starting. So I need to set the climate to comfort mode and full auto then switch to minimal heating with seat heaters when I unplug to drive to work, reversing the situation when I arrive home! Seems like an opportunity to change the programming VM engineers!

Fantastic car though. Best day is 36 miles on battery alone. Driving 100 miles required 1.9 gallons gas for 52mpg (roughly) overall. Running the ICE is barely perceptable.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I do the same. Full Auto Comfort for the remote start [this means you must set this before you get out of the car to unplug the night before] and then flip over to Auto Eco when driving. I leave the seats on auto the entire time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts