GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I made a script that connects directly to the car; same has remotelink, and download bunch of information. You can schedule this script to run each day and the stats will just be added to one CSV file.

***This is a new script. On my side I’m using it since a week and I don't have a problem. If you have any problem let me know.

Here is the field that is downloaded:
ODOMETER
FUEL CAPACITY
FUEL LEVEL
FUEL LEVEL IN GAL
OIL LIFE
FUEL AVOIDED
ELECTRIC ECONOMY
LIFETIME EFFICIENCY
GAS MILES
LIFETIME MPGE
CO2 AVOIDED
LIFETIME FUEL ECON
LIFETIME EV ODO
TOTAL RANGE
GAS RANGE
EV RANGE
LAST TRIP FUEL ECON
LAST TRIP TOTAL DISTANCE
LAST TRIP EV DISTANCE
LIFETIME FUEL ECON
LIFETIME EV ODO
EV BATTERY LEVEL
EV CHARGE STATE
RATE TYPE
CHARGE MODE
EV PLUG STATE
EV PLUG VOLTAGE
EST CHG END 120V
EST CHG END 240V
SCHED CHG START 120V
SCHED CHG START 240V
SUN
MON
TUE
WED
THU
FRI
SAT
TIRE PRESSURE RF
TIRE PRESSURE LF
TIRE PRESSURE RR
TIRE PRESSURE LR
TIRE PRESSURE PLACARD REAR
TIRE PRESSURE PLACARD FRONT
MINUTES REMAINING
EXPIRATION

Instruction
Download curl (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html)
Download the TXT file,
Open it and edit the first part.
After close the txt and rename the file extension to be .vbs
Try to run it; file named stats.csv should be creating.

To schedule in the task manager just create a new task:
Program to run: wscript.exe
Parameter/arguments: path to the vbs file.

Let me know if you have any problem!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxg--5e-GFjkcVY2OG1ZY3hnUGc/edit?usp=sharing

I also made another script that download mileage and charging history via the myvolt website. See other post:
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?25873-Your-own-Stats-script.

·
Registered
906 Posts
this is awesome... now to get remotelink to actually get the stats from my volt!!

This will integrate great into my Home automation system!

can I have your permission to mod it so it will work directly with my HomeSeer system?
-Christopher

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is awesome... now to get remotelink to actually get the stats from my volt!!

This will integrate great into my Home automation system!

can I have your permission to mod it so it will work directly with my HomeSeer system?
-Christopher
No problem, this is an open source script so everyone can contribute or modify to reach there needs;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not coming from a Linux background, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "download the text file." Where is that on the page? Am I looking for a file marked .txt or something else? Having suffered a disaster which trashed my computer a year ago I'm very careful what I download. (I thought I was careful then!) Can you point me to the exact file? Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,

Make sure the file/folder is not readonly. Right click and do property. Let me know.
Still get the line 110 error. I've tried placing the VBS and curl.exe in various folders and the desktop but still get the error. It seems that even if I change the setting on whatever folder is holding the script and generated .txt files to NOT be read-only it changes back to read-only. I'm a Mac guy and have no clue why this is not working for me. Log,cookies and debug.txt are generated then the error. Currently have everything on desktop.

Text Blue Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
178 Posts
Clipped example of the Data " Destinet's" script provides!

Text Font Line

FANTASTIC! This is exacty what I have been looking for! The amount of information is astounding! I wonder why Onstar does not make this available on their own website!
Thank you for sharing Destinet ... you have Done a remarkable job!

The above picture still does not include all the data Destinet's program provides!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still get the line 110 error. I've tried placing the VBS and curl.exe in various folders and the desktop but still get the error. It seems that even if I change the setting on whatever folder is holding the script and generated .txt files to NOT be read-only it changes back to read-only. I'm a Mac guy and have no clue why this is not working for me. Log,cookies and debug.txt are generated then the error. Currently have everything on desktop.

View attachment 16897
Try rebooting your computer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How much data is stored in the car or with GM Onstar? Is there a full history of battery charge cycles, hours of opertation, etc. I know that with some of the newer Outboard Motors a dealer can provide you with information on hours of operation at various RPMs through out the engines life. It would seem GM would collect similar information on the batteries function through out the life.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
the program needs you to edit in:

1. onstar account name
2. onstar pasword
3 .car vin number (not PIN number like we using in the remote start script)
4. and change the word metric in the next line to the other option imperial for ye-old-english

5. and JUST above the onstar account name you need the path to the CURL you need to download
example I use this :
curl = "d:\curlssl\curl.exe" 'Full windows path to your Curl.exe file

you can still edit the file after RENAMING it xxxxx.vbs but you have to select edit not just click the file as that will run the program.

-------------------
There are some extra notes on Curl in the remote start script topic and you do need curl for the script to function.
These 2 scripts are my first use of curl as well so keep asking of you have problems.

My curl folder has 3 files
Curl.exe
libeay32.dll
ssleay32.dll

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Sorry i was away yesterday, so for people who have difficulty,
First you need to download curl,

After you need to download this file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxg--5e-GFjkcVY2OG1ZY3hnUGc/edit

After you need to edit the first part:
curl = "C:\curl\curl.exe" 'Full windows path to your Curl.exe file.
MyVolt_Login = ""
MyVolt_Password = ""
Selected_VIN = "" 'Require
unit="metric" 'metric, metricstrict, imperial, In metric it doesn't convert PSI and LBS. If you want to convert these put metricstrict
mRound=2 'number of digit to round max 7

And finaly rename the .txt file that you download to a .vbs so it can be executed on your computer.
If you don't see the extension of the file you need to show it, see this to show them: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-vista/show-or-hide-file-name-extensions

Let me know if you still have problem

1 - 20 of 35 Posts