GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So key-less entry to unlock the doors works from driver's door and both rear doors. However, remote key-less entry does not work from front passenger door? What the heck? Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Might just be a bad button.....

·
Registered
648 Posts
When I got my Volt the right rear door button didn't work. I took the door panel off, and discovered the button wire was unplugged. Plugged it in and all was good. My car had been in an accident and it probably didn't get plugged back in.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
You're saying two different things. Is this a remote (key fob) issue or a physical button issue?

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a bit of a different behavior on the passenger side door button that I've noticed. You press the button once, it unlocks the passenger side door. You press it a second time and instead of unlocking all doors like it does on the driver's side, it just locks the doors.

·
4,866 Posts
Does it consistently not work? Sometimes it's your position relative to the door, where it doesn't sense the keyfob at that door, and hence won't unlock. If moving around doesn't help, then it could be an electrical issue with the button or its wiring I suppose.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're saying two different things. Is this a remote (key fob) issue or a physical button issue?
I am referring to the physical button on the door itself with the remote fob in my pocket.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a bit of a different behavior on the passenger side door button that I've noticed. You press the button once, it unlocks the passenger side door. You press it a second time and instead of unlocking all doors like it does on the driver's side, it just locks the doors.
Yes, unlocking works for both the rear passenger door but not the front passenger door.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it consistently not work? Sometimes it's your position relative to the door, where it doesn't sense the keyfob at that door, and hence won't unlock. If moving around doesn't help, then it could be an electrical issue with the button or its wiring I suppose.
I think it might be a wiring issue. Going to take it to a dealer and report back. Thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's a quite small plug with two small wires, may not have gotten plugged in all the way from factory, or a bad button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts