GM Volt Forum banner

Rembering to plug it in

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DaV8or 
#1 ·
P.T. Barnum once said that "you will never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
Anyway, I was just thinking... and that sometimes gets me in trouble, but how many people do you think will buy a Volt because of environmental concerns, a desire to save gasoline, or just because Chevy hires a really good ad agency. Then drive their new Volt home, park in in their driveway (because the average American can't fit a car in their garage full of junk), and never plug it in? Then they will notice that the ICE runs almost all the time, they still have to buy gas, but because it's getting 50 MPG they will think they have really done something. Now just think about it for a minute. None of us have ever had to plug a car in at home, unless of course we live in Canada or Alaska and we plug in the block heater. I hope Chevy offers a 2-hour course entitled "How to get the most out of your new Volt".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.