GM Volt Forum banner

Reduced propulsion power

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jim Be 
#1 ·
Looks like i have to pick up my car. They said it happened because of a blown fuse, however, they could not find out why the fuse blew in the first place. Everything i read leads me to an issue with the volts battery not being able to hold the proper charge anymore and the volts software. I'm worried about it stalling in the middle of the road/freeway or catching fire.

#4 ·
I can't speak for the thread starter, but I received the "Low propulsion power" warning and check engine light this past weekend. After researching these threads and checking the codes, this does point to the possible ERG valve issue (bad or dirty). This also blows the F03 fuse under the hood. The fuse is named the "Non Walk Home" fuse :) It is even labeled this on the fuse panel cover. Been running fine on Battery since, taking to Chevy dealer tomorrow. I've been keeping a close eye out for the Shift to park, BECM and the ERG valve as they are common issues for the 2017's. Looks like the ERG is first. I have 29K miles, with 7k ICE miles. I received the error when running on ICE, i noticed the coolant temp jump from 220 to 250, then the errors appeared.

I've read you can replace the fuse, unplug the ERG valve and still run the car if needed while waiting on parts if needed. Either way, I'll find out tomorrow what my situation is.

#8 ·
Thank you to the contributors to this thread. I thought i needed a bcm.. was driving in mountains and got Red. Prop.. error.. car is out of warranty.. so i was thinking i needed a becm but it performed great 57 miles on 12.5 kw and 42mpg gas.. i was like well i don't care if it can't talk to itself internally as long as it drives right lol but sure enough f03 fuse