GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Volt 1204 (70K miles), lately after the car switches to gas mode, after parking the car for five minutes, I try to use the car again, a window opens up saying the car is operating in reduced power mode. When this occurs, trying to drive the car causes the gas engine to rev at very high RPMs and the car's speed is limited to 35-40 MPH.

The first time it occurred my dealer could not duplicate the error and said there were no error codes. Furthermore, they said they called Chevy for help and was told they Chevy could not determine the error either. The trip to the dealer cost me $140, this was about 3 months ago. During the last two weeks this occurred 3 times. Since this is an intermittent error I expect this will require multiple $140 dealer visits. To me this appears to be a battery management system error, but what do I know, I'm just a volt owner. Does anyone know what information I can provide to a dealer so they can find and fix this error? Thanks

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Since the engine is running, you can focus your attention on the battery - something is saying 'don't use battery, it's malfunctioning'.
As to what, I have no idea.
If it is indeed HV-related, it should be covered under the voltec warranty.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the problem resurfaces, I hope they refund your earlier charges. This is one of those cases where you want it to appear so it can be fixed, but also don't want to appear at the same time. GM dealers should use their 'goodwill' funding more often That's a real thing GM encouraged dealers to provide at least a few years back. A few calls to someone in the system like a dedicated Volt service advisor might help.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
OnStar error codes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts