GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down the freeway Reduced Power came on. I was running on gas but did have battery miles left. The engine stopped it went over to electric. I found a exit to get off of and stopped at a Charge station. ( Thought I would at lease charge the car some)

Called OnStar they said transmission fail and engine fail sorry don't remember what they said for sure. They sent a Tow trunk. But after I stopped the car would not come on at all.

Tow truck took to dealer dropped off and after 30 minutes or so started right up.

Tech pulled codes and there was 23 lol BUT I looked at them and about 20 was old codes from months ago.

The tech got all rapped up on all my mods and just said I need to remove all the modes so they can work on it.

I updated the radio. New amp removed the Bose amp. Added the HD-Link to the radio. I have LED lights and the tech was fixed on the LED head lights LOL. LED parking lights in the front. LED lights under the dash and just added the A-Link from the same company that makes the HD-Link...

We cleared all the codes and 3 new ones came back then cleared again and car started???

·
Administrator
21,115 Posts
We cleared all the codes and 3 new ones came back then cleared again and car started???

You aren't sure? :)

The issue with electrical modifications is they can affect the car whether the modder agrees or not. There have been posts about external dash cam power supplies affecting the PTMS for example, and headlight mods killing a car in motion.

I can see why the dealer would not want to chase what could easily be bad wire splices, 3rd party electrical parts affecting other parts, and the like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left the car at the dealership and will pickup tomorrow. See if it trips out again.

I did remove one of the last modes I just did too.

Will see what happens tomorrow.

And I do understand the modes can mess up the 300 computers in the car lol.

I grew up in dealerships and do Car audio. So i wasn't giving the tech any crap.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I left the car at the dealership and will pickup tomorrow. See if it trips out again.

I did remove one of the last modes I just did too.

Will see what happens tomorrow.

And I do understand the modes can mess up the 300 computers in the car lol.

I grew up in dealerships and do Car audio. So i wasn't giving the tech any crap.
These days, you need to have grown up in IT and networking. :)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
This is not your Grandfather's Oldsmobile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts