GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After hpcm2 and bcm were reprogrammed, my charging time was reduced to 5hours on 10Amp and 8hours on 6amp. What are your times of charging?

·
Registered
173 Posts
With only 9.1 kWh usable, looks like your battery may have more degradation than others. All batteries degrade over time. You are still driving the King of PHEV's, the new Peugeot 508 Plug-in is rated at 42 km with a 11.5 kWh pack. Sadly, these new mediocre range plug-ins, especially revamped gasmobiles, get such low range, that many will purchase for green cred, and eventually not bother to plug them in at all, giving the PHEV segment a bad rap. I'm sure a new-to-them owner of your beloved Ampera will experience the same glee you did when you first drove it. Perhaps this is the subtle nudge you need to move on to better things...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I appreciate your point of view, see the brigt side of life :). I am very pleased with the car overall, just that my toy lose some range for free, because of an fail update.I am more then ok with this range as I cannot deplete the battery in town for my daily routine. A neighbor of mine has the latest Volvo XC90 plug-in and has like 25 km of range and also a very low range on ICE, so I appreciate what I have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2012 volt with 80,000 miles and 112 mpg lifetime went from around 9.4 to around 8.6. It took awhile to recalibrate but checking with the my green volt app the pack is much better balanced. I've heard the capacity may come back up a bit again. I'm just happy that my battery should last another 8 years although a newer faster and longer range volt would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Perhaps reading JuneBug's post might give you some further insight:

·
4,877 Posts
The claim is it may take longer to relearn and not always simply a couple cycles. Perhaps after several more charge/discharge cycles it’ll improve?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
After all, my range is good, from what I understand from the tech guy in service what was changed is the method of estimating from the guessometer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts