GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac and Buick should ditch/update their badges. Both look very old fashioned to me. I have a Cadillac SRX and the badge is an embarrassment. Cadillac reminds me of an old family crest from Merry Olde England and Buick's is three knight's shields from the 1400's. They do not look contemporary, or high tech or cutting edge. They look old, stuffy and dowdy to me.

Both badges scream "old". I may be in the minority on this but I see the rebranding that Cadillac and Buick are attempting with their TV ads and just wonder why they don't revamp the fuddy-duddy badges to match the new image they are trying to project.

Then again, both are better than the atrocious Hyundai blob. :)

P.S. Anyone see the Buick commercial where Group A is INSIDE a Buick face-timing with Group B at the office and Group B starts raving "Wow! That doesn't look like a Buick!"? So stupid. Here is what the office group are seeing that is exciting them so much about the look of the Buick: headrests and roof liner, lol.

Wow, Thats a Buick.jpg

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AZ06/buick-holiday-event-tinas-new-buick

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Well Cadillac just re-did their badge. Below is the new one that the started using on some 2016's and will be on all 2017's

Buick will also have a new badge starting with the all new Lacrosse and Envision. Though the new badge is still very similar to the current one and going back the tri-colour shield that was used in the past. Personally I like the new tri-colour shield.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Cadillac already did redesign and modernize their badges, which I think started in 2015. The SRX is soon departing, and soldiers on with the old "wreath and crest", which at least has heritage. I think the new badge looks great:

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I am aware of the redesign that dropped the laurel wreath and squished the vertical height of the family crest. Big deal. Better but still clinging to the family crest look of Ye Olde England.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I think you may be bothered by the colors. Most badges today are just graphic. But there is something to be said for being different.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you may be bothered by the colors. Most badges today are just graphic. But there is something to be said for being different.

Perhaps that's part of it. Then again, I don't mind the color in the Chevy badge. Maybe I prefer less fussy. The Mercedes logo, Accura, even Toyota have simple but interesting styles to me. Lexus seems forced.

·
Registered
743 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts