GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on Amazon for snow chains to fit our gen 2 Volt but anything it came up with said it would not fit our car. Any recommendations? We just need them for a quick 3 day trip to a ski area north of Los Angeles we are planning for in 3 weeks.

Thanks to all for all the great advice and lively discussions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I searched on Amazon for snow chains to fit our gen 2 Volt but anything it came up with said it would not fit our car. Any recommendations? We just need them for a quick 3 day trip to a ski area north of Los Angeles we are planning for in 3 weeks.

Thanks to all for all the great advice and lively discussions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no experience to offer, but now that you have posted the question, take a look at the bottom of the thread where the system lists "Similar Threads". You can check out what people have posted in the past on the subject.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Check out Snow Socks, available from Am~zon. They slip over your front tires and provide temporary traction. They can only be used at speeds under 25MPH and only for short distances but they can get you up a hill or get your Volt unstuck from a parking space. If you are heading into the mountains where snow tires and chains are required then you will need something else.

·
Registered
657 Posts
From following the Volt forum I am concerned about the apparent weakness of the standard tires that come on our Volts. Thus I would worry about whether using chains or cables might actually damage the tires or cause a sidewall puncture. If I knew for sure that I was going to be encountering alot of snow and ice on my trips I think I would invest in the best snow tires I could find. I haven't done it yet, and I guess I am gambling that since my stock tires only have 8000 miles on them they will do ok this Winter. Fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts