GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Volters,

I am a new forum member and new Volt owner. I live on the San Francisco peninsula and am looking for recommendations for repair shops that are competent in performing the scheduled Volt maintenance. There are several dealers in the area, but their reviews on Yelp are mixed at best. Ideally I'd like to use a shop between Redwood City and Mountain View, but I'm all ears for any recommendations. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything similar in a forum search. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The car is highly specialized and requires a trained technician with weeks of off site training. In addition the fault codes and procedures are not generic. You also have a warranty to consider. Net, only a dealer has the resources to work on it.

Also, there isn't any maintenance for quite some time other than tire rotations as spelled out in your manuals.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies folks. I think that the tire rotations may be within the capabilities of the local dealers, but they have been known to ding and otherwise mess up cars in their shops. Their techs may have had training, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that they learned anything... I'll definitely check out Larry's AutoWorks and call around to see if other shops have Volt training and experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts