GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a blue 2017 volt, it exceeded my expectations. The body was slim, curvasous, and stuck to the road like a sports car.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome to the world of EV driving. We're glad to have you. Feel free to post pics if you buy one and reach out if you have any questions.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
The volt is America's best kept automotive secret. You've got to go out and get one, but only if it doesn't clobber your finances. It is usually cheaper to keep feeding a paid-for fossil fueler than buy a new car and attempt to save fuel. It was easier to justify when fuel was around $4 per gallon.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Agreed. I'd say a vette might be curvaceous, not the volt.
The Volt is attractive for it's mission. Unlike a Prius where I'd hate to see my reflection in store front windows, the Volt is pretty nice looking profile.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I even think the Gen 1 is a sporty look. But I'm confused why GM is offering all the boring paint jobs. Standard colors include Black, three greys (I'm throwing the Citron Green in there... It looks more grey from a distance than green) and two whites. My 2001 Cavalier was Hunter green, and I loved it! Bring back the excitement!

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
I even think the Gen 1 is a sporty look. But I'm confused why GM is offering all the boring paint jobs. Standard colors include Black, three greys (I'm throwing the Citron Green in there... It looks more grey from a distance than green) and two whites. My 2001 Cavalier was Hunter green, and I loved it! Bring back the excitement!
Agreed. Why aren't there some fun colors like purple, orange, yellow, green, or even red? They added Citron Green and removed red. What is GM smoking? Just look at all the colors available for a Dodge Challenger...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ha, good one Bazinga. I always look at my reflection in windows on my Harley. I'd have a bag over my head if I was forced to drive a Prius.........

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Ha, good one Bazinga. I always look at my reflection in windows on my Harley. I'd have a bag over my head if I was forced to drive a Prius.........
The Prius is a 2 bagger. One isn't enough to filter out the fugliness.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Agreed. Why aren't there some fun colors like purple, orange, yellow, green, or even red? They added Citron Green and removed red. What is GM smoking? Just look at all the colors available for a Dodge Challenger...
Then everyone would think it was a Ford. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
My wife would LOVE IT!!!! if we could get a Purple Volt. We'd call it the Purple People Eater. But then we'd have to aim for pedestrians... :)

We couldn't come up with a good name for our red Volt, so we call her Lulu.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
My wife would LOVE IT!!!! if we could get a Purple Volt. We'd call it the Purple People Eater. But then we'd have to aim for pedestrians... :)

We couldn't come up with a good name for our red Volt, so we call her Lulu.
I've been contemplating spending some money for a DYI dip sprayer so I can plastidip my entire car purple. I just don't understand why car companies can't at least offer the basic rainbow of colors. Just look how boring the current volt colors are. I think molar is at least doing most of the rainbow for their challenger and charger.

Plus, they made purple and lime colored sparks a few years back. Why it offer those color options on the Cruze and volt?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I've been contemplating spending some money for a DYI dip sprayer so I can plastidip my entire car purple. I just don't understand why car companies can't at least offer the basic rainbow of colors. Just look how boring the current volt colors are. I think molar is at least doing most of the rainbow for their challenger and charger.
Just take a gander across a big parking lot, or out on the freeway. The general pallet for car colors is very drab overall. Add the dirt layer on most cars and it looks even worse. It's the rare car model that gets any real color choice beyond the drab.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just take a gander across a big parking lot, or out on the freeway. The general pallet for car colors is very drab overall. Add the dirt layer on most cars and it looks even worse. It's the rare car model that gets any real color choice beyond the drab.

My drab colored Volt. ☺

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts