GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2014 Volt with 41k miles from a local dealer and found drips of brake fluid on driver side floor mat. Looking under the the dash I noticed the fluid leaking near a rubber cap between the brake pedal and what appears to be brake booster or master cylinder. The leak appears to have been a existing issue as the pedal appears to be corroded. This seems to be an odd location for a brake cylinder as a failure in the seal will damage the carpet, floor mats etc. Checking to see if other owners have noticed or experienced this problem.

The Hyundai dealer I purchased has offered to repair and has referred the vehicle to a Chevy dealership down the street.

When driving over the Sepulveda pass back to the dealer, I noticed the heater switched along with the windshield defroster at about the time the engine engaged after the battery charge was depleted. I noticed the engine was revving quite high cruising at about 65 mph. It was a cool morning but I am not clear on why the climate reset to 76 degree temperature? The cab heated up quickly.

I am generally pleased with the performance thus far of my Volt other than the issues I have noticed thus far. I will need to get used to a revving and vibrating engine that does not always correlate with the speed of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good that the dealer is fixing the brake fluid issue.

Regarding the heater switching on, is there any chance you hit the auto climate button and it switched to manual control which was last set for heating?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Prohidium- I am now onto my third day waiting for the repair. I read in another thread the cost to replace a master cylinder can be as high as $1600.00. So I am relieved it is covered by a 30 day warranty. On the heater matter, I did not touch the center panel when this happened. My knuckles were locked on the steering wheel as I navigated through morning traffic on an LA Freeway. My wife drove the vehicle the first night we purchased and the following morning I noticed the defrost vent was on. I thought she may have fidgeted with it but now my antennae is up. I know there is a humidity sensor that may trigger the defrost mode. I will need to read my owner manual to determine that is the cause of the vent and change in temperature settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts