GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recargo, PlugShare's parent company, is about to open their first (of many) public DCFC sites. In my opinion, it is the best DCFC implementation in the United States to date, and I think that all charging providers should look at the example they are setting.

·
Registered
974 Posts
This is interesting.
In the video I could see the first 5 enclosure bays situated side by side with the first bay having the name TESLA on it.
There were some other enclosures with less bays.
I am assuming the first 5 bay enclosure contains battery packs.
Do you know what was in the other enclosure bays? Did they have TESLA on them too?

·
1,308 Posts
Here’s my article about this first Recargo site:

https://electricrevs.com/2018/09/25/recargos-first-ultra-fast-charging-location-almost-ready/

There are 6 charging spaces and associated chargers from BTC Power (they make some of the 50 kW chargers used by EVgo). Tesla is supplying the on-site stationary battery storage system. There are 4 Tesla Powerpack battery cabinets along with one cabinet that contains inverter, support, and control circuitry.

The chargers now provide dedicated 175 kW (200 kW?) for each dispenser pedestal but apparently can be updated later to support 350 kW.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s my article about this first Recargo site:

https://electricrevs.com/2018/09/25/recargos-first-ultra-fast-charging-location-almost-ready/

There are 6 charging spaces and associated chargers from BTC Power (they make some of the 50 kW chargers used by EVgo). Tesla is supplying the on-site stationary battery storage system. There are 4 Tesla Powerpack battery cabinets along with one cabinet that contains inverter, support, and control circuitry.

The chargers now provide dedicated 175 kW (200 kW?) for each dispenser pedestal but apparently can be updated later to support 350 kW.
Yup. I included Jeff's link in the comments section.

I haven't seen anything published about the inverter size (I've seen Tesla advertise a number of inverter choices in relation to their PowerPacks). If I had to guess, the Tesla inverter is probably 500 kW. I doubt they would do a 1 MW inverter, but I guess they could with six ~175 kW chargers.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, Jeff, do you have any vision into the ETA for Recargo's Casa de Fruta (Hollister) and Motel 6 (Preto) sites? The latter will be a key for North-South travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts