GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership keeps bothering me about 4 recalls I have for my 17 Volt. When I go to the GM website and enter my VIN it brings me to a recall site but says that i have 2 programs :

N162070470 and N162070470

Are these recalls or programs/campaigns ???????

I don't want the car touched, its running great after 41000km. Infact I've only used 81 L of fuel all this time.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My dealership keeps bothering me about 4 recalls I have for my 17 Volt. When I go to the GM website and enter my VIN it brings me to a recall site but says that i have 2 programs :

I don't want the car touched, its running great after 41000km. Infact I've only used 81 L of fuel all this time.
Those are both the same campaign. I don't think they're considered "recalls" but the dealer should fix them for free. The issue is regarding a situation where there can be a sudden loss of propulsion or a no-start situation due to a programming error and/or a bad fuse. I'd recommend having the work for this completed as long as they'll do it for free...you don't want to risk a sudden loss of power.

·
Administrator
20,226 Posts
There are safety recalls, and then there are issues that GM offers to fix free that are called Service Campaigns but that dealers will call a Recall. As Arconox recommends, I'd have all of them done after finding out what they address. Some that are not addressed may leave you parked along the side of the road needing a tow. Or without heat. Or having the car start slowing down on the highway. Or unable to start.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts

Technically, 'recalls' come from the government. There have been none for the Volt. However, there have been several service campaigns (I count 7 for my 2017) that GM & the dealers have decided to use the 'recall' term for as well. I suggest that you take it in and get them done. Some may not affect your car, but there is at least one that may prevent a shutdown that would leave you stranded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts