GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Monday, car notified me to service high voltage system required. Once this happened, I was unable to charge my battery. I was almost 100 miles from home at a ChargePoint station that was free. So, I had to use gas to go home and back and forth work again (almost 200 mile round trip).

I took it to the dealer today and it involved this recall. They replaced a canister and hose per the recall.

I asked about the recall. Are you original owner of the car and have you moved was the questions. Yes, original owner and no I have not moved. It was issued back in April. Here it is now November, and I have never been notified of this recall. I went to Chevrolet.com, no recall has been issued for my 2014 Volt. What's up??!!

Not happy about this. Hell, I have received three recalls from GM for my 2008 Pontiac G-8 and they found me!

Poor, poor customer service!!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Got mine in an email. I think i got a mailer as well. And of course saw it here on the forum as well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The service high voltage and emission canister are unrelated. Postal service probably delivered your recall card to someone else.
What did they do about the high voltage problem?

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
The service high voltage and emission canister are unrelated. Postal service probably delivered your recall card to someone else.
What did they do about the high voltage problem?
Correct. The gasoline tank's fume recovery charcoal filter canister has nothing to do with a the high voltage traction battery.

You brought the car in because of the high voltage service message. The canister was replaced because the dealer looked up your VIN for any outstanding recalls (standard procedure) and saw it had not been performed. They likely also did some work involving the main battery (could be an number of things, including low battery coolant, a faulty coolant level sensor, a needed software upgrade, etc.).

The first place I learn about these things is here at GM-Volt, way before I hear from the dealer or GM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They also found that the coolant was low. They did a "no charge" dye/pressure test on the system and found no leaks. Added coolant, reset system. This sounds like what you are discussing and the real problem with the vehicle; and not the recall.

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
They also found that the coolant was low. They did a "no charge" dye/pressure test on the system and found no leaks. Added coolant, reset system. This sounds like what you are discussing and the real problem with the vehicle; and not the recall.

Thanks
Yes, low coolant will definitely trigger the "service high voltage" message and prevent charging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts