GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Clipper Creek level 2 charger on a separate TOU circuit and am hoping to get the rebate from LA DWP. I'm worried I may not get the rebate for the charger since it may be considered "portable". Does anyone know if my install will qualify for the rebate?

Here's a pic, it's the one on the right.

Telephone Technology Electrical supply Electronic device Machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like you did not qualify for the rebate to begin with, only commercial installations do, did, would:
Ahhh, the link police is upon me, can't paste it here but if you go to CliperCreek website, they list the rebates under evse-rebates-and-tax-credits-by-state
If you were living in Pasadena and had a "Hard wired" charger you'd get up to $400 rebate.
If you don't get the rebate, don't sweat it... you have a really nice portable charger if you ever need it and your TOU should be able to pay for it over time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed a Clipper Creek level 2 charger on a separate TOU circuit and am hoping to get the rebate from LA DWP. I'm worried I may not get the rebate for the charger since it may be considered "portable". Does anyone know if my install will qualify for the rebate?

Here's a pic, it's the one on the right.

View attachment 133586

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only the DWP can say for certain, but that looks portable and removable to me, not permanently wall-mounted. In other words, I fear you're correct that they won't give you the rebate. But do let us know!

Jan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts