GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of their Volt (or any other Volt) with a rear window decal? You know, like a university decal, or "Semper Fi", or the guy peeing on a Ford, etc. ;)

I want to put a university decal on mine, but want to see what everyone else is doing. Do you put it at the top of the window? The bottom? Or do you put it on the glass hatch tailgate area--which I think would not look good and the reason I would like to see photos?

·
Administrator
21,123 Posts
Mine is a parking sticker that needs to be in the lower right of the hatch window. I put saran wrap on most of the sticker, leaving about 1/8" of border for the sticker to stick. Less work getting it off when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Mine is a parking sticker that needs to be in the lower right of the hatch window. I put saran wrap on most of the sticker, leaving about 1/8" of border for the sticker to stick. Less work getting it off when the time comes.
I have a parking sticker that needs to be moved from time to time from one car to another. I got some clear static cling vinyl, stick the sticker onto the cling vinyl, cut the vinyl to the shape of the sticker, then slap it in the car that needs it. It uses no adhesive just static to adhere to the glass. Obviously this works best with stickers that are meant to stick to the inside of glass but if you have one that needs to be on the outside, it can be stuck to the vinyl and cut the vinyl around the sticker leaving about a half inch edge around the sticker then it should still stick to the inside, unless your glass is tinted so dark that the sticker can't be seen.
Here is what I use:
http://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch-12-Inch-Cling-6-Pack/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3Q13P0JQMX350&coliid=ILG9M3IBMJPFB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts