Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Most people are just using dark window tint for the rear hatch now instead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be getting window tint. I know some people don't like them, I do if done properly.
Just hoping someone knows of a louver maker/supplier?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I will be getting window tint. I know some people don't like them, I do if done properly.
Just hoping someone knows of a louver maker/supplier?
Although they aren't my cup of tea either, kudos to you for thinking outside of the box. It's your car and you have every right to do with it as you see fit and as long as you like it that's all that counts.

That said, back in the day I believe louvers were only available for high volume vehicles, a term that certainly doesn't describe the Volt. I hope you find what you are looking for but as others have said, window tint is probably your best bet.

EDIT: this isn't the first time this has come up.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?7396-Louvre-to-cover-the-rear-hatch-window

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I had rear window louvers on my Trans-Am back in the day. They looked almost exactly like this.

At the time I liked the look, and they were wonderful for cutting down on the sun heat coming from the rear, but I can't help thinking that they'd destroy the airflow over the Volt.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
What I would like to have on the rear window is a wiper. The defroster can only do so much.
Why? With the angle of the rear glass it's totally un-necessary. Toyota wasted time & money on that for the Prius.
Those wipers are useful when the rear glass is more vertical.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Administrator
19,982 Posts
What I would like to have on the rear window is a wiper. The defroster can only do so much.
I lightly wax the rear window. Rain slides off, so does snow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was JUST looking for louvers for the 2015 Volt I'm in the process of buying. No luck of course. Maybe tint.

I had some aluminum louvers on my '83 Honda Accord hatchback (yes, the Accord came in a hatch back in the day) and they worked really well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts