GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed on my 2013 that i am unable to open the rear hatch when its doors are locked with the key fob in pocket. I have tried both of my fobs and neither work on the rear hatch. And I am pushing the button under the hatch. The only way for my rear hatch to open is to either have the doors unlocked or if i am walking to my car when it is locked i will push one of the buttons on the rear doors and then open the hatch. Or use the key fob to unlock the car first.

I read the manual and it seems like the back hatch should open when the key fob is within a few feet and the button is pushed under the hatch.

Does anyone else have this issue? or does having the fob close to the hatch not unlock it like the rest of the doors?
my 36k 3yr expired last year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've noticed my 2012 takes a second press if car is locked. Haven't tried the press and hold.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Press and hold the button under the hatch with the fob near by is how you open it
Thats what I have been trying. I hold down the button under the hatch while lifting up. And I will sometimes almost hear a pump kick on and off for about 5 seconds but the hatch still does not open.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Normal function is to unlock/unlatch when you press the button in the handle area, then lift.
I've found on a 2013 it takes a second or two to acknowledge, but on my 2014 it's barely a pause - 1/2sec perhaps.
If it's doing nothing when you press the button there's a problem with the button on the hatch or with the car knowing you (your fob) is there.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My 2013 opens when I press the hatch button and the doors are locked (key fob in pocket). Check that the battery in the fob is good. If in doubt just put a new battery in. Is it making any noise at all when you press the hatch button? Mine makes a "relay clicking" sort of noise like the doors do when you touch the silver part to unlock them.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
On my 2012 I just keep pressing the button until it unlocks, 2 or 3 clicks maybe hold for half a second or something? If not, maybe something isn't working right. Maybe replace battery in the fob.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Batteries are cheap

·
Registered
247 Posts
Two presses on the button on the rear, then pull, it'll open. Make sure to release the button after the second press before pulling up.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
On my 2013, I had to hold the hatch button for a few seconds before it would open when locked. When unlocked it was instant.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
My 2013 opens when I press the hatch button and the doors are locked (key fob in pocket). Check that the battery in the fob is good. If in doubt just put a new battery in. Is it making any noise at all when you press the hatch button? Mine makes a "relay clicking" sort of noise like the doors do when you touch the silver part to unlock them.
Same here.
Just press & hold the rear release button, it takes a couple seconds to unlock.
Double & triple pressing is for the impatient :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try changing Fob key battery you will be astounded how far away you can operate the key from and your above will work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts