GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2014 Base and it either had the rear bumper replaced with another original or it was removed for some reason and the underside deflector was not reinstalled.

I've looked all over for the part number and/or pictures of it and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

·
8,680 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. The Volt doesn't have full length underbody cladding, so there might not be a piece missing? A photo might help here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slightly better picture. It uses the two screw hole beneath the backup light. It covers the area just inside the bumper, and starts at the muffler then continues across the full length of the bumper where it tapers off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I see your dilemma, doesn't seem to be listed or shown on parts list and diagrams. If the car was rear ended might have not been replaced for same reason. Did you do a Carfax type report on it (there are several different companies that do this) to see if it had been in an rear ender accident? Back to getting the part, check your local auto wreckers and see if their computers can come up with the part from another auto wrecker yard if they don't have a wrecked Volt. My 2013 does have that part.

·
Administrator
21,119 Posts
May need to find one at an auto salvage yard, or ebay.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Slightly better picture. It uses the two screw hole beneath the backup light. It covers the area just inside the bumper, and starts at the muffler then continues across the full length of the bumper where it tapers off.

FWIW: Found above GM part#s over at www.tonkinonlineparts.com

Not a cheap deflector part and you may need to score a couple of the #10 bolts in order to attach if you are also missing these!;)

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Gm parts giant says

Chevrolet Part No.: 22740448
Deflector Asm-Underbody Rear Air

This part does not fit the vehicle you selected:
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4 Cyl 1.4L

The Tonkin diagram above says 2011-2012.

Looking it up another way.....

DEFLECTOR. Front End/Bumper Filler
DEFLECTOR,U/B RR AIR
DEFLECTOR, Front End/Bumper Filler. For: RC (2013 - 2014). Required: 01

The part number is shown as 23124798

https://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1282890&ukey_product=10635491

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
My bad!:eek:

Forgot GM decided to drop all them extra deflectors after 1st model year of Gen1!:p
Not really, if not for your find I'd not have found the right page. Tonkin seems to be the only one with diagrams and descriptions.

Speaking of descriptions "Front End/Bumper Filler" casts some doubt. Looks right on the diagram though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts