GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an armrest for the rear console of my Volt. Here are some photos and some simple instructions.

Part: 22936274 (I purchased from GMPartsDirect.com - no fuss - received within 10 days)

Here are the steps
Step 1: For reference only. Here is the console before the installation

Step 2: Remove the plastic tab at the top of the console. It will come out very easily - gently pry it out

Step 3: Remove the rectangular tab towards the front of the console. You should be able to lift it out with your fingers, If not, use a plastic wedge and gently pry it out

Step 4: Remove the rubber liner from the back tray of the console (if present). It just lifts off.

Step 5: For reference only. Here are the three parts that were removed

Step 6: For reference only. Here are some images of the read console armrest

Front View

Rear View

Step 7: Lower the armrest into the console and align the tab in the rear of the armrest into the matching slot in the back of the console and gently push it in

Step 8: Lower the front of the armrest into the console. There are three tabs that will align with three holes in the console. Push in gently

Step 9: You are done

Some users have complained about the rear armrest rattling. I have not experience it yet but if you do, lift the armrest (there is a notch in the front that you press to remove the armrest), insert a thin rubber sheet between the armrest and the console and close it again. That should take care of any rattling

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've been wanting to order this for our 2013! Thank you for the detail! How much was the part, shipped to your door?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been wanting to order this for our 2013! Thank you for the detail! How much was the part, shipped to your door?
This part was about $130. I ordered some other parts. Shipping and handling for the whole order was about $12. I ordered from GMPartsDirect.com

·
Registered
622 Posts
That's weird. The Volt advisor told me the part # was 22936275. But the part # you gave here is 22936274. I see both of them in the catalog for the same price. No pics though. So how can you tell what's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had been thinking about adding the rear armrest. I see two part mumbers for the Pebble Beige color: 22936275 and 23119021. Anyone know what the difference is between the two part numbers? The description and price are the same. For the black color, part numbers are 22936274 and 23119020.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's weird. The Volt advisor told me the part # was 22936275. But the part # you gave here is 22936274. I see both of them in the catalog for the same price. No pics though. So how can you tell what's the difference between the two?
The one I posted (22936274) is for the black armrest. 22936275 is Pebble Beige, aka Urban. GMPartsClub.com has the best descriptions for GM parts. I use this site to do my research and then buy the part wherever it is cheapest (usually GMPartsDirect.com)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this also possible with a 2012 model?
As per the part description at GMPartsClub.com, this armrest if applicable to 2011 to 2014 Chevrolet Volts. Check the first few photos I posted. If your existing console has the same look and parts, then the installation process should be similar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had been thinking about adding the rear armrest. I see two part mumbers for the Pebble Beige color: 22936275 and 23119021. Anyone know what the difference is between the two part numbers? The description and price are the same. For the black color, part numbers are 22936274 and 23119020.
Did anyone identify the difference between part numbers 22936274 and 23119020?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't have a volt yet, but was wondering how wide the console armrest pad is. If anyone could measure it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts