GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FleetCarma is hosting a challenge to give EV owners the opportunity to best champion their plug-in. Competing vehicles are the Volt, iMiEV, Focus Electric, and Leaf. Do you think that your Volt is the best plug-in out there? Take this opportunity and prove it.

Participants will receive three free months of Energy and Emissions reporting from FleetCarma, and will be able to use all of the information they gain to explain why their EV has an edge over the others. At the end of the challenge, the winner will receive an entire year of free electric vehicle monitoring.

Find out more at the link below
http://news.fleetcarma.com/2012/11/19/ev-champion-challenge/

·
Registered
918 Posts
Has anyone else signed up for the EV Champion Challenge? I'm scheduled to receive my data tracker tomorrow (thanks Megan :).

Anyone? Bueller???

·
Registered
918 Posts
Zeede, the original post was from FleetCarma was dated last November, and I believe their deadline has passed. I was curious if anyone else here had signed up.

John Hatchett - for data geeks like some of us, VoltStats doesn't give us enough data. I'll have to play around with the data logger once I get it, but I presume it will generate enough data to keep me from doing real work during the 3 months challenge. FYI, I'm not affiliated with FleetCarma. To each his own, right? Cheers.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I looked at the site and I don't see anything that isn't already on MyVolt.com. I guess for someone that doesn't have the OnStar/MyVolt.com service it could be worthwhile.

Does anyone know if MyVolt.com has a "fleet" mode for multiple vehicles?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Make us proud! :)
Thanks Zeede!
I'll be uploading my first set of data tonight - my weekend driving was irregular (lots of short trips, stop and go, hills, etc.) so it will be interesting.

Here's what's available through the data logger:
Speed, Time, Distance, Energy Usage, Battery SOC, Charging Details and GHG Emissions

For me, data on MyVolt.com has a big gap (month of Sep 2012 efficiency data), and doesn't show me enough data.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Zeede - Team Volt has 4 participants as does Team Leaf. Here's my first week's data, and what looks interesting is the MPQeq: I'm averaging 156 MPGeq, but I don't know what electricity to gasoline equivalent conversion is being used.

FYI, I charge at a free L2 EVSE on my way home and that's why my "AVG END SOC" is at 90%.

11Jan-21JanRptUpload.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts