GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a trivia note here since I got to use the site vehicle scale last night :)

2013 Volt (OHM-RIDE)
Listed Base Weight : 3,781lb

True gross weight as I usually run including,
  • Full tank of gasoline (about 56lb)
  • Driver (Me) (260lb)
  • The misc tools, change of clothes, and such I always carry in a car (10lb)

My real-world operating total: 4,107lb as tested on the scale.

In case someone needed a real world comparison number.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What is "listed"? Do you mean "measured"? Are both your weight figures "measured"? (to me, "listed" means factory spec weight)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is "listed"? Do you mean "measured"? Are both your weight figures "measured"? (to me, "listed" means factory spec weight)
You are WAY overthinking things.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Dutch with the VOLT DIET asap, low calories low cabs + exercise, to reduce weight BMI (body mass index) to 25, normal 20 to 25, and you will have saved more weight then the a full gas tank plus spare tire...you will get 1-2 extra electric miles per charge !!! LOL

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Dutch with the VOLT DIET asap, low calories low cabs + exercise, to reduce weight BMI (body mass index) to 25, normal 20 to 25, and you will have saved more weight then the a full gas tank plus spare tire...you will get 1-2 extra electric miles per charge !!! LOL
This is what you get for posting your personal curb weight online. :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm big enough to take it. LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
I heard that carbon fiber stickers reduce vehicle weight by 5% for each sticker.

The Volt is a strange car when it comes to weight. It a small car that you would expect to be light, but you can feel that extra weight when you drive it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
In the VOLT forum is always a nice and respectful sense of humor , almost like in small family. If we get out of order STEVERINO or WOT will get us on line !!!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts