GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking around a few weeks and doing research for the last couple of months. I finally got all my ducks in a row to pull the trigger on a new 2016 Volt LT with no options. The final bit is to get my condo association to authorize an outlet and they seem amendable after I nudged them with California Civil Code §4745.

With the help of reading some posts here, I was finally able to get a GM private offer after failing for 3 weeks. I also have Costco GM Holiday Sales Event referral and there is currently a $1,000 GM cash offer. Based on reading about others success, I think I can get another $1,000 off in addition to the $1,000 off Costco gets me.

So is $4,000 off MSRP with using the $1,000 private offer an obtainable goal in the San Francisco Bay Area? GM pays for $2,000 and the dealer discounts the other $2,000 plus I get another $700 in Costco gift card later.

Any tips would be appreciated. I'm planning to buy with cash so I'm not considering leasing unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

I'll probably try to buy right around Thanksgiving as that would probably be a slow time for dealers.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Sounds like a deal if all of those offers can be stacked. Sometimes you can only apply one and not the other sort of thing but likely you are good to go.

I do recommend the comfort package option which gives you the heated seats and steering wheel. Definitely worth it in colder weather and would certainly help the resale value down the road. It is a $460 add on so not a lot in the grand scheme of things. San Fran may not get that cold but anything north or east of San Fran will want heated seats.

· Registered
108 Posts
The Costco price is supplier pricing. If you use that, there is no additional discount. If you haggle, you should be able to beat that price. Then fill out the Costco survey and get the Costco cash card. A salesman explained to me you do not have to use the Costco supplier price but you can still get the cash card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.