GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Occasionally reprogramming can wipe out preset preferences and return to their default setting. I suppose depending on what modules are programmed would affect different aspects of the car. Generally speaking, I imagine any presets or preferences that are affected by a loss of 12V power would almost certainly be reset to default. In older cars, this usually included having to reset the time and radio presets, among other items that required a constant 12V to retain memory. I wouldn't necessarily be bothered by having to reprogram certain preferences that may have reverted back to their default setting as that clearly indicates work has most likely been done. I compare module reprogramming as being similar to having to do a factory wipe on a phone, or reinstalling a computers OS. Even with a backup file, some settings just need to be manually configured.

The loss from the TPMS seems to be one of those things in which the receiver just needed a few tire rotations to reacquire the signals from either of the tires. Likely because the two right side TPMS transponders went into sleep mode and stopped transmitting data to save on battery.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.