GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I take my 2017 Volt (other cars, too) for any kind of re-programming or updating, practically all of my settings and presets are changed. Dash screens are set with different selections, center screen is blank, in the case of other cars, the power seats are in completely different settings and presets are no longer set, etc. etc. I have to pull over, reset everything, then drive away. Are the technicians just messing with me or does the reprogramming actually change everything?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'll find out today if that happens. I have 4 updates for my 2017 Premier. Hopefully not. I don't understand why they would
need to disconnect the 12 volt battery for the updates, but we will see.
I had mine in for that Recessed Battery Connection recall. When I got it back,

The Instrument panel was changed from Classic Enhanced to Classic
The center readout showed coolant temp instead of my selection of tire pressure
The smaller panel in the center of the dash was completely blank. Nothing. Turning on the radio revived it but my presets were changed.
When everything started working again, when my tire pressure showed up, the two left tires showed dashes on the display and the right two showed the correct pressure.

Everything slowly returned to normal after a few minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.