GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted to get a spare for my 2013 Volt. I have a source that has a Cadillac CTS aluminum spare. I have 17in tires and this spare is 16 in.
Question
1. Can I use a 16in as a spare?
2. It's from a 2003 CTS and has a 35-40mm offset,70.3center bore, 5x115bolt pattern is this ok?

I've seen the blog from Steverino on this site

·
Administrator
20,658 Posts
steel or aluminum?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I've wanted to get a spare for my 2013 Volt. I have a source that has a Cadillac CTS aluminum spare. I have 17in tires and this spare is 16 in.
Question
1. Can I use a 16in as a spare?
2. It's from a 2003 CTS and has a 35-40mm offset,70.3center bore, 5x115bolt pattern is this ok?

I've seen the blog from Steverino on this site
As far as the 16 inch spare is concerned, yes, you can use it in place of a 17 inch tire. Mine is from a 2006 CTS and it is also 16 inch and it does fit on my Volt, I've had to use it twice now.
For what it is worth, I also have a 2011 Malibu with 17 inch tires. It came from the factory with a 16 inch compact spare.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TSquare,
It sounds like my possibility might work too. On our travels I've always kept my fingers crossed, a flat instead of taking minutes, would probably take hours in the pump and my tire repair kit didn't work. Traveling in the boonies where the phone doesn't work gives me the hibbie jeebies.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I dont think the 16 or 17 inch matters as long as the overall rolling diameter is the same or close. Since its not an AWD, it shouldnt matter even if it was off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts