GM Volt Forum banner

Rattling Noise In Back Of 2017 Chevy Volt

5758 Views 24 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Dizle
Hi everyone, I have a 2017 chevy volt LT. Every time I ride, especially when I am going over bumps and bumpy roads, there is this rattling noise like an aluminum can bouncing around against metal. I think its something loose inside the rear trim assembly of the cargo lift/hatchback because when I shake or push back and forth the lift, the same sound occurs. I don't think its anything serious or something that immediately needs to be addressed but its really annoying to drive to. I tried to remove the rear trim assembly myself but could only open it partially as I was afraid any more force would break it. Any help would be awesome.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2017 Volt Premier Citron Green
114 Posts
I just had all 4 tires replaced three weeks ago at the local dealer. Since then I have had a sound like rocks or pebbles hitting the rear wheel well when going over a depression but highly intermittent. Might only happen once or twice in a 40 mile trip. I just had the car in to the dealer today complaining that there must be something loose inside the driver side rear tire. Drove them crazy looking for a ghost. Maybe it is just the rear hatch as mentioned above? I will be trying the bumper adjust tomorrow. Surprised they did not mention the hatch if so many owners are having that problem.

· Registered
2017 Volt Premier Citron Green
114 Posts
I too have a rattle, more of a clicking over bumps or acceleration from the passenger side hatch. Cannot for the life of me figure it out! When it’s cold it goes away, heat brings it back. It sounds metallic to me.
My 2017 has the same clicking noise, similar to the sound a relay makes when activated. I am pretty sure it is coming from inside the driver side door, and that is NOT a relay. I have had the car about 18 months and trying to ignore it since it happens so infrequently. I agree it occurs more frequently during the summer. Someday I will remove the door panel to try to find the source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.