GM Volt Forum banner

Rattling Noise In Back Of 2017 Chevy Volt

5758 Views 24 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Dizle
Hi everyone, I have a 2017 chevy volt LT. Every time I ride, especially when I am going over bumps and bumpy roads, there is this rattling noise like an aluminum can bouncing around against metal. I think its something loose inside the rear trim assembly of the cargo lift/hatchback because when I shake or push back and forth the lift, the same sound occurs. I don't think its anything serious or something that immediately needs to be addressed but its really annoying to drive to. I tried to remove the rear trim assembly myself but could only open it partially as I was afraid any more force would break it. Any help would be awesome.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,790 Posts
As Leppard said, it's really quite common.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Check this out...

You never know.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Thanks, I’ve adjusted them countless times with no change in the sound. Next step is pulling all the plastic off of the interior hatch area and see if that fixes it!
Seems a little drastic.

If you pull off all the trim you won't know which one is the culprit, assuming of course that the trim is the issue. Really, as others have suggested it's best to have someone drive it while you are back there looking for what's causing the rattle.

Reactions: Dizle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.