GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
*MOST* standard power strips support a maximum of 15 amps, provided she does not have many additional things connected to the power strip, all drawing power at one time this should not be a problem.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Don't be surprised if the circuit breaker on the power strip pops once in awhile. That happens all the time if I run my compressor on a power strip instead of directly in the wall outlet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What about the skeeters?
Doesn't that bother you two?
That wasn't even a thought on my radar when I saw the pictures... That is assuming the person in question actually opens the window on a regular basis for ventilation.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Seems home security would be an issue. Someone could enter through the window. Also inconvenient. When you unplug to leave you would have to go back into the house and close/lock the window.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The sad thing is there appears to be a power panel right next to the window. Would be trivial to add a proper receptacle. A 240v even.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The sad thing is there appears to be a power panel right next to the window. Would be trivial to add a proper receptacle. A 240v even.
More than likely it is a rental unit, and convincing a landlord might be difficult. Logic doesn't always matter to a landlord haha

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
What about the skeeters?
Doesn't that bother you two?
I don't think it is Somms' girlfriend. If it is I hope his wife is not a forum member.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Somm's wife, "Why do you have so many skeeter bites on your back side?"
LOL - Elemental could probably coach him on plausible deniability.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Seems to have chosen to break through the bug mesh, pull the cord tight on the charge port, and will be scratching the roof of the car with the cable, rather than simply parking the other way around (which would also protect the charge plug port from being damaged by passers by).

I think we have a measure of the friend's approach to matters of due care and caution.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
So this can be said for every building in the world with wires and circuit breakers to protect those wires, no?
Yes, but most circuits aren't as overloaded as this example. The point of the post was I bet the landlord would consent to adding a plug just below the outside electric panel to minimize the fire risk of the craziness in the photo. The cost would be minimal.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks like the main breaker box might be right there on the outside. If so, a proper 240v outdoor receptacle could be installed right there outside on a 1 ft branch circuit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts