GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Zencar Level 2 EV Charger(100-240V,16A,25ft+3ft) Portable EVSE Home Electric Vehicle Charging Station for my 2012 volt. It charges the car in 4 hours which is great. However I’ve noticed it usually has a few less miles of range than if I charge the car on the stock 120v charger. Is this normal? Would I add another mile or 2 of range added if I charged on the 8 amp setting? Thanks

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I recently purchased a Zencar Level 2 EV Charger(100-240V,16A,25ft+3ft) Portable EVSE Home Electric Vehicle Charging Station for my 2012 volt. It charges the car in 4 hours which is great. However I’ve noticed it usually has a few less miles of range than if I charge the car on the stock 120v charger. Is this normal? Would I add another mile or 2 of range added if I charged on the 8 amp setting? Thanks
16 amp versus 12 amp Level 2 or 8 amp Level 1 should not make a difference in total battery charge or range. Maybe it the loss of a few miles of EV range is due to colder weather. It could also be something happening within your battery pack so you might want to have the dealer check for any error codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts