GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be obvious to most but I just realized that if I pressed the the icon to lower the fan speed and just kept pressure on it, it continues to lower the fan and eventually turns off.

I used to tap repeatedly or navigate to the climate settings to do this not realizing this would work.

Hopefully this helps some folks.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I have always used this 'short' cut and felt it is too long. There should have been a button for 'climate off'.
Much more useful than dedicated buttons such as TP.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thanks. That's a good find. Now, tell me where to find the single tap Audio screen.
If you mean the "What's Playing" screen, the "Back" button will usually take you there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you mean the "What's Playing" screen, the "Back" button will usually take you there.
I knew that would work if "Now Playing" was the last screen previous to the current screen displayed, but I just tested it and, assuming the audio system is on, the Back button appears to take you back to the "Now Playing" screen every time. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
This may be obvious to most but I just realized that if I pressed the the icon to lower the fan speed and just kept pressure on it, it continues to lower the fan and eventually turns off.
Same with temp control, it just drops/rises once you hold your finger on the 'button'.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
If I come across something in the air I don't want in the cabin, I press the recirculate button (Volt may be different). Mostly diesel not skunks. Although they have a similar smell.

I always keep my climate control on 74F-auto-comfort year round. I don't give a ratz-arse about using a little gasoline.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Glad the Gen 2's have an actual "on/on" button. Turning off the HVAC in my '12 got to be annoying. Especially when it was like 10 degrees outside, and I'm wearing non-touch sensitive gloves!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

I used to tap repeatedly or navigate to the climate settings to do this not realizing this would work.

Hopefully this helps some folks.
And as a nice bonus, the programmers left in the bug where a single tap keeps lowering the fan until it's completely off, about 1 out of 50 times (in my experience)! If you're even luckier, sometimes the icon then turns grey and won't allow you turn the fan back up at all until you reboot the whole car! That's fun on the highway when it's super hot or cold out...

Still love my Volt, but when the fan control goes nuts, I curse the programmers, and long for the Tesla-style over-the-air updates to fix issues and add features. Happens every few months for me, YMMV.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have had that but have never figured out the circumstances when it actually happens. Totally random for me, so far. Can't say it's happened at zero fan speed for me yet, but has happened at other times. Oddly, the settings remain (e.g. the fan keeps running and the temperature remains stable) but control is lost.

Any fixes for this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts