GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I will go first. Already dropped to under 30 miles (50km) of range each morning from a regular 37 miles from the summertime.

I do a lot of stop and go and a coffee drive through each morning with the heat at 72-73 degrees. Sucks the electrons pretty good. I actually had one engine assisted heating session already the other day.

;)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The heater came on the other day, didn't notice until I saw battery meter drop a bar on a trip to the grocery store, it's only 3 miles round trip and I usually get 150MPGe on that trip so I don't normally see anything on the meter, checked and noticed it was 89MPGe. Turned off the heater at that point and it bounced back to 103MPGe by the end of the trip. Haven't put on the snows yet, that will make it even worse.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yep - my 2017's dropped from 60+ to 52 or 53 due to colder temperatures. Probably doesn't help that I've been going through a need for speed phase at the same time. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
My normal summer "50 miles" range is now reading 42-43 miles. I havent used heat yet because it's only dipping in to the high 40's in the morning, but that cold air certainly is requiring some battery conditioning to be performed. Although the last 2 days it has been in the low 50's and my range is coming back up.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Dang, I'm only getting 39 EV miles on the Guess-O-Meter where I used to get 40. I'm sure it's going to get even worse when I have to use the heater in January. :-(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dropped from 110 to 100km but temps are still 15C, rarely gets below 7C daytime in the winter so I don't expect a huge impact.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also a good time to check tire pressures. With the colder nights, many will be under inflated when leaving in the morning!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yep, down to about 95km now from 115km average in summer. Have had to use the defroster on Eco a few times. We expect about 75-80km range in mid-winter here, but it mostly depends on how much we use the heater.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Range is down from ~108 km to ~64-68 km range on the GOM, with cold temperatures and snow tires (42 PSI) on. I still get to MOST places I want to go but now my Saturday drive's electric range is short (without heater use) so it uses the ICE. Great thing about the Volt, I can still get to my destination. Overnight temps in the -12C to -2C range. Unlike Vancouver Island, we get -50C winters so I am expecting to take the Volt to Deep South Texas for a vacation - LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts