GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 fully loaded Volt and Love it. We shopped for over a year, not finding the right
combination of vehicle, price or performance. Until now. I am in a learning curve attempting to master all
the features and most efficient use of this well appointed vehicle.
I am still amazed as I learn new features and applications. I have been driving it for 3 weeks now and still no gas use. I hope the gas does not go bad. No mention of that in the owners manual.
I have a 4kwh solar system, and charge at 120v (for now) and very little draw from the grid.
We really love this car.
Thanks.
gm

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Just bought a 2014 ....
I have been driving it for 3 weeks now and still no gas use. I hope the gas does not go bad. No mention of that in the owners manual.
Thanks.
gm
George,
With all due respect, you also have not RTFM on this subject.

The Volt takes care of it. It's a very high tech car! Don u worry bout a ting.:)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yes, the Volt protects the gas from exposure to air, monitors it's average age, and will consume it, if necessary, before it gets too old. No need to worry about that issue. Just charge and drive.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have been driving it for 3 weeks now and still no gas use. I hope the gas does not go bad. No mention of that in the owners manual.gm
Check the owner's manual for "Fuel Maintenance Mode (FMM)". It might be in the "Driving and Operation" section. The GM engineers pretty much thought of everything.

VIN # B0985

·
4,866 Posts
Check the owner's manual for "Fuel Maintenance Mode (FMM)". It might be in the "Driving and Operation" section. The GM engineers pretty much thought of everything.

VIN # B0985
Yes, if GM's Marketing group were as thorough as GM's engineers with the Volt, there'd be ten times the sales by now.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
GM thought of all that, the system is pressurized, you must use PERMIMUM furl and every 6 weeks w/o running the engine the ICE start to perform whet is called Engine Maintenance Mode (EMM) which's burns about .3 gallons of fuel and if you go a full year without actually using the engine to propel the car the car will automatically enter the Fuel Maintenance Mode FMM and force you to burn off all the fuel in the tank. You can trick that by filling the tank, but that will only delay the FMM some.

Don't overthink the Volt. GM engineers thought of everything. Just drive it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I thought I read the fuel maintenance section, apparently I missed it.
I will not worry about "bad gas" anymore.
We ARE enjoying the drive.

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
Thanks everyone. I thought I read the fuel maintenance section, apparently I missed it.
I will not worry about "bad gas" anymore.
We ARE enjoying the drive.
You still have to worry about bad gas. Only buy Premium Top Tier fuels.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Just bought a 2014 fully loaded Volt and Love it. We shopped for over a year, not finding the right
combination of vehicle, price or performance. Until now. I am in a learning curve attempting to master all
the features and most efficient use of this well appointed vehicle.
I am still amazed as I learn new features and applications. I have been driving it for 3 weeks now and still no gas use. I hope the gas does not go bad. No mention of that in the owners manual.
I have a 4kwh solar system, and charge at 120v (for now) and very little draw from the grid.
We really love this car.
Thanks.
gm
Here is a place to get your owner's manual in pdf form...

https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/chevrolet/2014-chevrolet-volt-owners-manual/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts