GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what comes standard and what comes extra on the GEN2

I can't find anything on Chevy's site with stating the "Backup Camera" if it's standard or if needs to be added. If it needs to be added which option is it?

Also with Apple Play in the system do you really need to get the extra navigation installed or can you use the Apple Maps synced with your car and run the Apply Play maps?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the backup camera is standard, but the sensors are not.

You can use the apple maps thru apple car play
WOW! I didn't see that when I was building them! I can actually go with a LT level and skip the Premier which will be great saving me a few dollars!

Thank you kind souls!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info thank you!

Seat warmers is an additional cost I would leave to believe correct?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The seat warmers are not standard, on the LT.

In my case, I ordered an LT, but with the dark ash/light ash interior, which obliged me to purchase the comfort package. That comfort package included seat warmers (front seats only) and rearview mirror heaters.

Also, I did not order the extra navigation features. Using the OnStar app on my smartphone, I can search for and find a desired address, then have the app send the destination and turn-by-turn instructions, to the infotainment head unit, in the Volt. Also, a call to OnStar, from inside the car, can include a request that they search for and then send to the car turn-by-turn navigation.

It's strange; basically, without the extra navigation features, I cannot search from the infotainment head unit (and I don't think I can see points of interest). But if I have a destination, I can have it displayed.

Google's recent announcement that they will make Waze available, on Android Auto, significantly increases the value of Android Auto, in my opinion. There may be days when I have little pangs of regret about not ordering the Bose sound system. But I don't regret not buying Chevy's navigation, with this Volt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts